My 3 month mark living anew is making its mark somewhere today plus or minus 2 days. Because I can’t completely remember and I am too lazy to look when I actually started.
Today is another day off, but I am gonna do some reviewing of instrument procedures as I have been oxidizing for the past 6 months, as it has been that long since my last flight and the rust is lingering in the background. A few days ago, however, marked my four years anniversary of taking first flight (in a small aeroplane) and being in this industry per se.
So what has the past 3 months been like? Time for point form because one can really use it, maintaining its validity of usage, very rarely.
Here it goes:
- I have NOT gained (muscle) weight despite all the Lifting And Dropping and Lifting And Throwing of bags, and Other Heavy Things.
- I HAVE mostly been eating very poorly and non-creatively…but hopefully that comes around soon.
- I have missed my nieces birthday party, mothers day and soon fathers day also. I actually think I might be able to see my grandparents for half a day when I go home next week before they leave to go back from their vacation stay over here.
- I have had a car break down on me, costing me over $600 in replacements and repairs. Damn you car!
- I have dealt with Forest Fires and state of emergency, and worked in thick smoke due to Damn Forest Fires.
- I have NOT gone to a bar yet, surprisingly enough.
- I have sprained a wrist but have yet to hurt my back; another surprise because I do have some minor back problems coming into this job.
- I have experienced working in windy freezing rain, being literally soaked from head to inside my steel toe shoes.
- I have started a farmers tan due to working in the sun.
- I have unknowingly ran a red light at 4 in the morning.
- I have seen the sky start to turn from darkness at 3:45am and remain bright until almost 10pm.
- I have probably spent way too much of my days off inside while I could be out exploring, adventuring, and great outdoorsing.
As to quote Cpt. Dave, Life on the
Line Ramp continues…